Cover letter for software engineering job

A well written and informative cover letter can increase your chances of getting a job. While sending an application for software engineer job you should write an impressive cover letter that can give a brief picture of what you have done so far. After mentioning your skills, politely ask for an interview. Do not forget to mention enclosures.
Here is a sample software engineering cover letter:
Peter Macbeth
31 North Coast,
Berlin,
Germany
Phone: 01234 567 8910
Adam Black
Director,
Cyclotron Web Solutions,
Central Circle,
Berlin,
Germany
Ref: Post of Software Engineer
Dear Mr. Black,
With reference to your advertisement at jobsearch.com, I would like to offer my services for the post of Software Engineer.
I hold a Degree in Software Engineer from Bangalore and the total working experience of 6 years have a good knowledge of software development life cycle that includes the designing, coding, testing, documentation and implementation of the system application. I contributed in developing next generation system software. I am confident that my presentation skills and high quality and cost effective designs can secure big projects for the company. As I worked with a CMM level 4 company I am well aware about the work culture of MNCs.
My command in more than 10 programming languages and developing applications enable me to qualify the post of Software Engineer in your company. I assure you that my knowledge and experience will help me to serve the organization in the best possible ways.
I am enclosing my resume for your perusal and looking forward to hear from you soon.
Thanking You,
Yours sincerely,
(Signature)
Peter Macbeth

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Cover letter for software engineering job