Sample resignation letter due to retirement

Description

Notify your employer in writing of your intention to retire from your position. The letter template includes an end date and an offer to discuss transition of job duties to your successor.


[Date]
[Recipient Name]
[Title]
[Company Name]
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]

Dear [Recipient Name]:
It is with a heavy heart that I submit my resignation. The last 15 years at [Company Name]have been wonderful. However, after 40 years in the publishing industry, it is time for me to retire. I am looking forward to traveling, playing golf, and most importantly, spending time with my family, including my seven grandchildren.
My last day at [Company Name]will be [Day and date]. I would be happy to meet with you at your convenience to discuss the transition of my duties to my successor.
I wish the company and all its employees much success in the coming years.
Sincerely,
User

[Title]

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Sample resignation letter due to retirement