Cover letter for the post of radio jockey

A general cover letter is a guide for the reader which highlights your qualification, your work history and your skills. It is not just a cover to your resume but is far more than that. So always try to write a good cover letter which not only covers your resume but also be an opening shot in your job hunt.
Here is a sample general cover letter:

15th June, 2010
Dear Mr. Jain,
I have found an advertisement posted on employmentnews.co for the post of radio jockey in your channel. The post is of high interest to me and I want to apply for the same.
I am a graduate in Journalism and Mass Communication and started my career as a drama artist at All India Radio. I am an approved drama artist from All India Radio and I had also done a certification training course for radio jockey. I have one year experience of radio jockeying.
I am a fun loving person with open eyes and ears and with the skills of creating and delivering the instant stories to the audience. As all these are the essential ingredients that a radio jockey must possess, so I feel that I can be the right match to this post. I am open to 24×7 shifts.
I am looking for an audition so would like to meet you. Please phone me at 09827246322.
Thank You,
Sincerely,
Lisa Martin

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Cover letter for the post of radio jockey