Cover Letter for the post of biological scientist

A good cover letter is a guide for the reader which highlights your qualification, your work history and your skills. It is not just a cover to your resume but is far more than that. So always try to write a good cover letter which not only covers your resume but also be an opening shot in your job hunt.
Here is a sample good cover letter:
From:
Richmond Mathew
C-2, Galaxy Apartments,
St. Johns Street,
Durban
To:
Dr. Mark Simpson
Ralph Laboratories,
Hill Side, Industrial Area,
Durban
15th June, 2010
Dear Dr. Simpson,
I am keenly interested in joining Ralph Laboratories team of biological scientists which has generated many of the most progressive drugs. I am well aware about the various products which the company has introduced and also know the great results.
I have Ph.D degree in medicinal phytology and have four years of research experience in the field of medicinal plants. I worked with Durban Institute of Agriculture Sciences as a research associate. I am skilled in handling the lab equipments and posses a good knowledge of all the most recent techniques and researches.
Along with my education and experience, my analytical attitude and my passion for research make me a right addition to your team. I am eager to meet you in person, so please give me a call to set up an interview.
Thank You,
Richmond Mathew

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Cover Letter for the post of biological scientist